Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Bird" Watching

Posted by Picasa

Looking forward to spring, I am reminded of another rite of the season around here, the arrival of the Thunderbirds for the Air Force Academy graduation in May.  I live about two air miles south of the Academy and right in the flight pattern for the T-Birds, and so, usually get a few good chances for a photo op from my back deck.  This is from last years practice under very cloudy skies.  I think the actual performance was either greatly reduced or cancelled altogether.  It is hoped the weather will be better this year.  

Yes, this "bird" is as close as it looks; this wasn't shot with a powerful telephoto lens.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! My husband Art loves airplanes and would really enjoy the view there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy whatever i manage to get up here and your comments are more than welcome.